Spiritual Fasting Resources
This page is dedicated to spiritual fasting resources. (*Warning these pertain to Christian Fasting only)
Reasons the Bible gives for us to fast:
- We fast because we’re hungry for God’s Word and God’s Spirit
- We fast because we long for God’s glory to resound in the church and God’s praise to resound among the nations.
- We fast because we yearn for God’s Son to return and God’s kingdom to Come
- Ultimately we fast simply because we want God more than we want anything this world has to offer us.
On links below, click on titles to purchase or go to. (Warning there are some affiliate links which help fund this blog site).
- The Key to Releasing God’s Power in Your Life by Derek Prince
- A Hunger for God (Redesign): Desiring God through Fasting and Prayer by John Piper, foreword by David Platt and Franic Chan – a free downloadable pdf
- Intermittent Fasting Quick Start Guide by James Clear- free to those request and give their email.
- Prayer and Fasting and the Course of History by John Piper
- Why Do Christians Fast? by John Piper
- Man Shall Not Live by Bread Alone (What to Eat While Fasting) by John Piper
- Self Humbling Through Fasting by Derek Prince
- When You Fast by Derek Prince